Saturday, January 24, 2015

Who doesn't want to know about Meghan? ^_^

About Meghan

   As you can tell from the title, I am Meghan, Meghan Dodds to be exact. I am a sophomore at UT and an Ad & PR major. It took me a while to figure out my major and I'm still not even 100% sure if I want to do this. My first major was Nursing, which wasn't the best idea. I took anatomy, failed the class and now I completely regret staying in the class instead of dropping. My GPA is super low and I'm doing the best I can to do good in every single class I'm in. So then I switched my major to business management, I didn't really take any major business classes, but I did take Microeconomics and I passed with a B in the class. So that wasn't too bad. But over summer, I found my strength in creativity and artsy things. I've always loved making art, in no specific area. I like painting, dancing, coloring, etc. But my favorite form of art, is working out. I'm a girl and people under estimate the power of a girl a lot. I go boxing and kickboxing everyday and train like a fighter. It's nice and relaxing to go when I need a break from reality. It helps me take a break from my work and breathe. I am also involved in Athletic Marketing here on campus. Being in this organization also helps me take a breather from school.  I honestly love what I do in my life. I have a good balance of school, working out, job and hanging out with friends. 
I took this class because it counted toward my major, but since I'm an artistic type of person and everything is going digital, I hope to learn a lot of technique from this class to land a job in the future. Such as advertising! I once met with the VP of marketing for the Tampa Bay Lightning and he was telling me that all of the banners around Tampa were made by their department. And I'm sure the people working under him have to have the technological skills to make those players look good and advertise throughout Tampa. It was awesome meeting him and I hope the skills I learn in this class will help me to Intern with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Tampa Bay Lightning!
 
Winning is a habit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment